Saturday

Project Happy Mail


I absolutely love being inspired by people and things around me. In the middle of 2012 I heard of an amazing project called

PROJECT HAPPY MAIL

and I decided that I needed to put my own spin on it. Now that it's 2013 I've decided this is the perfect time. 

A few details...

I'm going to personally hand-craft 365 unique cards featuring a variety of themes; birthday, thinking of you, miss you, love you, etc. and I'm going to mail them to people that I know throughout the year. Who doesn't love getting happy mail? [Who doesn't love getting actual mail for that matter?]

Here's my unique spin. I'm going to make a duplicate of each card and list it for sale in my Etsy Shop. If you receive mail from me and want to pay the kindness forward, you can purchase the card I sent to you [or any other card for that matter] and Project Happy Mail will continue. 

The cards will range in size and therefore in price too, but will still be cheaper than cards you can buy in the store and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I [a real person, not a machine!] spent time crafting it. 

If you want to be involved on the receiving end of this happy deal, please make sure that I have your contact information. There's no charge to be involved and the only requirement is that you need to enjoy checking your mailbox and receiving fun, colorful mail. Feel free to send me an email at kerrycwills@gmail.com and include your birthday as well. 

I've had several people ask me to send mail to their kids and while I love the idea, it's slightly easier if I send mail to people I know. Plus, do you really want your kids getting random mail from strangers? However, if you really, really want me to, let me know and I'll see what I can do. 

Each card will feature a label on the back with my Etsy Shop information as well as a number out of 365. Since each card is going to be different, I thought it'd be fun for people to say, "hey I got card #74!" and as an added bonus, it'll help keep me on track. 

I won't necessarily be mailing out one card each day, but by December 31 I will have mailed out 365 pieces of Happy Mail. I may or may not sneak peeks of cards here on the blog, but I most likely won't reveal who the lucky recipients are. 

If you've got questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm really looking forward to this challenge.

I hope you'll check your mailbox instead of your inbox...you might just have some Happy Mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment